Monday, September 27, 2010

CQWW RTTY 2010

The CQ WW RTTY contest is a nice international contest to test the antenna and work and see some nice DX. Unfortenately I only joined the contest Saturday evening and Sunday. I had to go to the job and although it is possible for me to work remote I can't do it as it is not allowed here in the Netherlands. Climax of this contest was the QSO with VQ9LA Diego Garcia, Chagos Islands. New DXCC for me. In the end I made 220 QSO from 52 DXCC. Especially Sunday evening I observed very strong signals from the USA, sometimes real 599. And I could work them on 15m and 20m one after one. I could see a few nice DX stations on the screen, although not every station could be worked. Best DX for me:



15m: A61BK (UAE), JH4UYB (Japan), ST2AR (Sudan), VQ9LA (Chagos Isl.)
20m: HC8/K6AW (Galapagos Isl.) heard on 40m as well, not worked unfortenately...



Afgelopen weekend heb ik me bezig gehouden met de CQ WW RTTY contest. Een leuke internationale contest om de antenne weer eens te testen en een hoop leuke DX te werken en te zien. Jammer genoeg kon ik niet het hele weekend meedoen omdat ik helaas zaterdag moest werken op het QRL. De mogelijkheid om op afstand te werken vanaf het QRL had ik wel maar helaas mag ik er geen gebruik van maken volgens de machtigingsvoorwaarden. Hoogtepunt voor mij was toch wel het werken van VQ9LA Diego Garcia, Chagos Islands. Nieuwe DXCC voor mij. Uiteindelijk heb ik 220 QSOs uit 52 DXCC kunnen maken. Wat vooral opviel waren de goede signalen van soms 599 uit de USA zondagavond. Achter elkaar waren ze te werken op 20m en 15m. Er waren ook leuke DX stations te zien, ik kon ze helaas niet allemaal werken.


Here you can find summary of my contest results / Hier een overzicht van mijn contest resultaten


3 comments:

HamRadioIreland said...

Well done on getting 52 DXCC on RTTY Bas. Very nice. Chagos is a nice one to catch - I have it on CW but not on digital. I haven't been active that much on digital yet - enjoying CW too much!! Sudan and UAE nice to get on RTTY too.

73 de EI2KC

Anonymous said...

Hoi Bas,
Ook leuk en goed bezig geweest dus Bas! Mooie condities en DX station stations afgelopen weekend!
Schitterend contest overzicht heb je gemaakt.
73, Elmar PD3EM

John AE5X said...

Congrats on the VQ9, Bas. Isn't contesting fun?!