Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Todays activity

I actually put the old 6 elem. logcell together for the upcoming 10m contest. Never expected that I would actually use it again and forgot to mark bits and pieces. But overall putting it together went smooth.  Unfortenately just when I was ready to get it up the small mast there was a very heavy storm arriving with thunder, lightning, rain and hail. So, I hope to continue Saturday morning if weather and time alows.
Some specs of this antenna. 4 elements fed, gain about 11dBi, front to back >30dB, front to side approx 25dB. Unfortenately I don't have a heigh mast to put it on. So the specs will not be that good as on say 12 Mtr height. I think even on a low mast it will outperform my multiband vertical on 10m. We will see this weekend.


Vanmiddag mijn 6 elem. logcell antenne in elkaar gezet voor de 10m ARRL contest dit weekend. Eigenlijk had ik geen plannen meer voor deze antenne en had ik dus de verschillende onderdelen ook niet gemerkt. Maar het in elkaar zetten ging toch gesmeerd. Helaas net toen ik het ding in het mastje wou zetten begon het flink te stormen met onweer, regen en hagel. Hopelijk lukt het me zaterdag morgen om het ding op te zetten. Een paar specs van deze antenne, 4 elementen gevoed, 11 dBi gain, voor achterverhouding >30dB voor zij verhouding 25 dB. Maar deze specs zal hij niet halen op 5 Meter hoogte. Maar goed, het ding zal het waarschijnlijk wel een stuk beter doen dan de multiband vertical op 10m. We zullen zien van het weekend.

 

7 comments:

John AE5X said...

Quite an antenna Bas - what mode will you be operating?

VE9KK said...

Good evening Bas I hope to get some time on Saturday in the contest. Will be CWing for the test and with the conditions the way they are and the beam you have hope to hear you in there.

Paul Stam PAØK said...

hallo Bas, de antenne lijkt me veel belovend, zeker met de huidige condities op 10 meter. Ik ben benieuwd naar je resultaten. Vanaf vrijdagmiddag gaat de wind wat minder worden. Maar zelfs windkracht 4-5 kan lastig zijn om een grotere antenne omhoog te krijgen. Zeker als je het alleen moet doen. Succes! 73 Paul

PE4BAS, Bas said...

@John, as always I only operate SSB. Although last year I made only 1 CW QSO with my neighbourstation PA0O.

@Mike, I don't think we will meet as I only do SSB in this contest. Best option is to make a sked with JT65HF some day I think.

@Paul, kun je me niet komen helpen? Die antenne is niet zo zwaar maar wel groot. Ik denk dat ik het misschien net in m'n ééntje red. Maar zolang het hard waait hoef ik niets te proberen. 73, Bas

VE9KK said...

Then JT65HF it will be and have a great time in the test and do post the results.

Anonymous said...

Komend weekend helaas weinig tijd. Maar heb er ook niet echt een goede antenne voor. Wilde nog een dipool maken voor de 10m maar is er ook niet van gekomen. Heel misschien hoor ik je nog.
Succes met het opzetten van je antenne.

Peter 4ps

pa0o said...

Hi Bas tonight finally no wind and rain. So I could work outside. Replaced the cable. I had 26m H43 75Ohm so now 60m 1/2 50 1/2 75Ohm loss at 28 is -1.18dB measured should be all-right now.