Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 comparisation graphs

Well reading PC4T Paul's blog and N8ZYA John's blog did give me a idea of what the work in a year on the radio. It made me curious at my own statistics. Luckely clublog has made some nice comparisation graphs for me. For the remaining I would need to have a better logging program or log in excel. I made some graphs in the past with excel, but I wanted to have it the easy way. And there is an easy way. There are so many sites online that can make you a nice graph. I just picked www.grafiektool.nl and it made a nice graph just what I wanted in a couple of minutes. As you can see in the first made "mode" graph the majority of QSOs are made in SSB. The second "QSO per month" graph shows not surprisingly that February is my top month with 750 QSOs due to the national PACC contest. Traditionally this is the time to finalize the log for 2012, send the last log entries to LOTW and Clublog and count my DXCC on SSB, CW and RTTY for myself and the national VERON HF DX Honor roll. In 2012 I made 2249 QSOs and worked 106 DXCC all mode all bands. Clublog shows 2251 QSOs that means I deleted 2 QSO's that were not valid and from what I remember that is correct. I should upload the 2012 log again and will do that as soon as LOTW does show up with my QSL confirming. Some other nice graphs are shown at eQSL see: http://www.eqsl.cc/Member.cfm?PE4BAS. If you change PE4BAS to you own call you'll see your own graphs.

Na het lezen van de blogs van PC4T en N8ZYA kreeg ik zo ongeveer het idee wat ze gewerkt hadden het afgelopen jaar. Het maakte mij wel nieuwsgierig naar mijn eigen statistieken. Gelukkig maakte clublog al een hele leuke vergelijkings grafiek. Voor de rest zou ik een beter log programma moeten hebben of loggen in excel. Alleen vind ik het makenn va grafieken in excel nog al omslachtig. Ik vond op internet bij http://www.grafiektool.nl/ een leuke oplossing waarin je snel even wat kan maken met leuk resultaat in een paar minuten. Maar als je al logt in excel is maken van grafieken in excel sneller denk ik.

Zoals je kan zien in de "mode" grafiek zijn de meeste QSO's gemaakt in SSB. De "QSO per maand " grafiek laat zien dat ik in Februari de meeste QSO's heb gemaakt, geen verassing door deelname an de PACC contest. In Juli heb ik zelfs geen enkel QSO gemaakt! Traditioneel is dit ook de tijd waarin ik mijn log weer bijwerk en de laatste gelogde QSO weer opstuur naar LOTW en Clublog en mijn bevestigde DXCC tel in SSB, CW en RTTY voor mezelf en de VERON DX Honor roll. Ik maakte in 2012 2249 QSO's uit 106 DXCC alle modes en banden geteld. Clublog echter laat 2251 QSO's zin en dat klopt, ik heb 2 QSO gewist omdat ze niet geldig waren. Ik moet dus het 2012 nog een keer uploaden, maar wacht even totdat LOTW weer een beetje bij is met de QSL bevestigingen.Overigens heeft eQSL ook nog een paar leuke grafieken, zie http://www.eqsl.cc/Member.cfm?PE4BAS . Als je PE4BAS vervangt voor je eigen call zie je de eigen grafieken.


5 comments:

John AE5X said...

Bas, I read your bio linked from your eQSL page...you've worked 245 DXCC as a CB-er on 11 meters?!

That's got to be some kind of record!

VE9KK said...

Good morning Bas, I too have been very happy with clublog and all that it can do with station stats. Very recently I have come to the understanding that clublog will be my online logging staple. With the crash of the computer here I have lost all my QSO records that were on the PC so from now on it's going to be "cloud" log keeping for me.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Helo John, not even a record. I know some (ex)CBers that had more then 300 DXCC confirmed. But actually I did a lot of DX on CB and learned a lot which I use for the licensed hobby now! 73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Mike, yes I did read about your computer crash. Personally I always save my log in the cloud (dropbox) and there is always the possebility to download a ADIF from eQSL which is actually m most up to date log acount on the net.
73, Bas

John AE5X said...

Mike, I seem to recall that you have more than one computer in the shack. I keep my log file in a Dropbox folder - if that computer crashes, the log is available via Dropbox on my other computer (or my smartphone for that matter).