Tuesday, December 15, 2015

60m news and activities

I am fortunate enough to have the opportunity to transmit on the 60m band as one of the first stations in the Netherlands. It seems it has been noticed last weeks by the 60m community. W8GEX was so kind to add me to his mailinglist to promote activity on 60m.

I found this small article at the 60m mailinglist newsletter most interesting:



From VE9DX about JT65 operation on 60m:
Just thought I would give you a little update on activity on 60 meters 
JT65 from this side. Well we all know now that the Netherlands now has the band and it sure shows.  Last evening sure showed it. All in all a very good evening.  Worked 4X1RF, PA1RAB, PA3FMP, PA3J, PA5JS, PE1RNY, PE2HHN, PE4BAS, PF7M, PH9B, HA7LC, LA5LLA, and MW0RRS.  Also heard PA9CC, PE1MXP, and US0LW.
Also nailed down state number 47 ( S Dak ) on 60 JT65 as well.
All in all a good evening. As I mentioned before there are 2 great spots to follow where one is being heard. www.https://pskreporter.info/pskmap.html  and www.http://hamspots.net/jt/.
All activity I have found is on 5.357 with most activity just a little 
above the dial frequency  (plus 500 hz to plus 1500hz). Never did bother listening on CW or SSB on the other channels last evening.
     73 Andy (VE9DX)

I guess W8GEX has add everyone who has been spotted on the DX cluster on 60m from the Netherlands to his mailinglist.

Included were some interesting links:




When I came home today I found a surprise waiting, a direct QSL card from VE1YX Bob from our 60m QSO on 5 December. Thanks Bob, I'll return you a card tomorrow. My second direct card in 5 years! Wow...And my first QSL confirming a QSO on 5 MHz.



No comments: