Sunday, February 21, 2016

GRORAT radiomeeting/rally

It has been a while ago I went to a regional radiorally. Actually this one is new and on en new location. GRORAT (Groninger Radio Amateur Treffen) stands for our provincial radio meeting. But since it is a market you better call it a radiorally like they do in the UK. Personally I did go for a few items I need and to socialize with some known fellow radioamateurs. Of course I did meet a lot of guys there which you normally only contact via radiowaves, fine to see them all. I found my item, or at least I think I found it. A new 12 pole switch for a MFJ antenna tuner. I hope it will fit in. Besides that I found some ferrite for my next project and a very handy electronic analyzer tool to measure all kinds of transistors. Last but not least I bought a morse key. Yes, you have to start somewhere. Unfortenately I had no time do unpack and enjoy all my items this weekend as I bought a used toy race track as well for my little girl. Guess what I've been doing the whole Sunday...

Some ferrite....etc. for a new project I'm working on.

Looking for a paddle, but they are expensive. This one was brand new and looks solid. It had a friendly price.

4 comments:

VE9KK said...

Good evening Bas, it has been a long time since I have been at what we call a ham flea market. I got tired of paying 6 bucks to get in and then just seeing other ham's junk. There was one time I came across some mono band whips and the fella was selling them for more than new. I told him and was ignored! Oh well.
Have a great week
73,Mike

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Mike, flea market indeed is another word which is not so much used here in the Netherlands. Yes, I saw some junk as well, but the guy that sold it was really friendly with the price. And actually it's more about meeting friends. I saw a very nice ETM paddle but the German guy selling it didn't want to lower the price which was just too high. Saw some sellers as well that sold second hand gear for the same as new. Overall I had great fun, a well spend day. 73, Bas

Hans said...

Hallo Bas, altijd leuk die radiomarkten. Er is altijd wel iets bij wat je kunt gebruiken hi. Maar ik denk dat die gekochte seinsleutel de eerste stap is naar een morsecurcus. Wie weet! 73 Hans, PE1BVQ

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Hans, wie weet. Ik raak steeds gemotiveerder. 73, Bas