Sunday, June 5, 2016

DKC & QSO today

DKC what can I say? Well, it seems propagation was not working for me this weekend. I hardly heard any station or only with low signals just above the noise. The only stations I heard that were strong did mention the bands were wide open, at least for them. From what I heard is that at night propagation with the USA on 20m was good and a few operators did take advantage from that. Well done! I only made 32 QSOs in total and I was lucky enough to have at least one QSO with PJ4NX from Bonaire, it was also my best distance this weekend. Surprisingly I made 1 QSO on 6m with Italy. Well, not a big score but like I mentioned before, participating is more important as winning.

Just checking my DKC log and uploading it this evening when I heard YI3WHR Wahhab on 20m calling. Wahhab is a new station on air. It has been ages that I heard a personal Iraq station on air. And yes I worked Iraq (YI1OM) before in 2008 on PSK31 but never got it confirmed. YI9KT in 2006 is confirmed however so this is not a new one for me.





As always, just before closing the station, I tune over 6m to see if there is any activity. Nothing heard, so switching back to HF I accidentally heard a station on 10m, the only station actually, it was OH0JFP Sture from his home location. Sture is well known as a contest operator and has a (rentable) contest station as well. I made a short QSO with Sture and fascinated by his only strong signal on the band I switched back to 6m as there was a high possebility of ES this evening. Nothing was heard on SSB but I did hear some CW signals in the bottom of the band. So, I tried to give CQ in SSB and only made a few calls when I got response from several Finnish, Swedish and one Estonian station. Not bad for a Sunday evening. After a local QSO with PC7B Bram I checked my e-mail to see if my DKC log was confirmed. I noticed another mail had arrived from PA2REH Eric. Eric reported he had received me on 6m in Oegstgeest on a V2000 antenna at 10m height, a distance of 200km. Probabely some tropo conditions as well...



8 comments:

Ejo said...

Altijd een log bijhouden waarmee je gewerkt heb, lange afstand verbindingen zijn bijzonder. Ik doe het op QRZ.com

Hans said...

Mooie Verbindingen Bas. Er was gisteren inderdaad tropo waar jij je voordeel van had op 6m. Ik kon gisterenavond laat nog goed met de UK werken op 144Mhz. Helaas kon ik de DKR contest niet meer volgen vanwege familiebezoek, BBQ etc. Toch zien dat ik de X300 gauw ga vervangen door de V2000 die al 1 jaar klaar ligt, speciaal voor 6m. Mogelijk dat we dan het hoge noorden kunnen bereiken.
73 Hans, PE1BVQ

Peter pa4o said...

Heb een dik uur meegedaan in de dkc en heb een 82 stations gewerkt met low power in cw. Toen had ik er totaal geen zin meer aan.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Ja een log houd ik echt wel bij. QRZ.com is maar 1 waar ik het bijhoud. Je kan mijn log ook vinden op eQSL, Clublog, Hamlog, Lotw, QRZCQ en een gedeelte op HRDlog. 73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Hans, die V2000 in ongeëvenaard. Ik heb er nog 1 weg gegeven aan een beginnende amateur laatst. Die werkte nu met een X50 geloof ik. Ik hoorde inderdaad berichten dat 2m ook open was...73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Ik kan het me voorstellen Peter. De DKC is niet echt jouw contest, bijna geen aanbod. 73, Bas

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hallo Bas, er was ook veel tropo te werken. Trouwens goed te zien op valse echoes op buienradar. Zijn die te zien dan is er ook kans op VHF tropo. Mooi antenne park van die Fin. ;-) 73 Paul

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Paul, ik houd me eigenlijk helemaal niet bezig met UHF/VHF propagatie. 6m is wel het enige dat ik leuk vind op VHF gebied. Toch bedankt voor de info m.b.t. valse echoes. Ik heb overigens die VOACAP Skimmer link van je site gepikt. Vond ik wel nuttig. Hoop niet dat je het erg vind hi. 73, Bas