Monday, October 31, 2011

CQWW SSB 2011 wishlist

Incredible! Worked 20 !!! new band DXCC on 10m in the CQWW contest last weekend. That's a lot. Propagation was very good especially on the 10m band. I actually made a wishlist before the contest with the help of the announced DX operations list of NG3K. Did not work everything fom the list as for example the PJ and A52 stations were constantly in a pile-up and I didn't want to waste time with so many nice DXCC to work. But at last I did QSO with a few of the list. I even made a incredible QSO over the northpole to Alaska on 10m another first on that band. And no, I don't work with a large beam but with a simple vertical made partially from Aluminium foil! I don't have a lineair amplifier as well and did make all QSOs with 100W. I was not on the radio  the whole weekend, so I missed opening to Oceania. I was simply not able to be on the radio on the right time as family duty calls. But after all I cannot complain I made 450 QSO's, 200 of them were made on the 10m band. And I was almost jumping in the air....I made my first QSO with XE zone 6 after years of trying on various bands. 


Some highlights on 10m, of course I made some QSOs on other bands too:

10m: JH4UTP (Japan), ST2UOK (Sudan), JT5DX (Mongolia), A92GR (Bahrain), BX100 (Taiwan), BD3NCK (China), VU2PAI (India), JY4NE (Jordan), C5A (Gambia), PZ5MM (Surinam), HI3TEJ (Dominican Rep.), P40W (Aruba), 8R1EA (Guyana), A73A (Quatar), A61BM (UAE), AA4V/VP9 (Bermuda), XE1CQ (Mexico), YV5NEA (Venezuela), HR2DX (Honduras), VP2MDG (Montserrat), WL7E (Alaska), 5H3EE (Tanzania), 7Z1SJ (Saudi Arabia), FY/F5HRY (Fr.Guyana)

I didn't mention the countless northern American stations I worked on 10m. Imagine what would have happen if I used a beam, I think I would have doubled this list !!!


Ongelofelijk! 20 nieuwe band DXCC op 10m in de CQWW contest afgelopen weekend. Ik maakte voor de contest al een wensenlijstje met de hulp van de lijst van NG3K. Van die lijst heb ik een paar kunnen werken, maar bijvoorbeeld de PJ en A52 stations zaten constant in zo een grote pile-up dat ik mijn tijd er niet aan wou besteden met zulke mooie DXCC's hier en daar op de banden. Ik maakte zelfs een ongelofelijk QSO met Alaska via de noordpool inclusief de flutter van Aurora een nieuwe voor mij op 10m. En nee, ik werk niet met een grote beam maar met een simpele vertikale antenne gedeeltelijk gemaakt van Aluminiumfolie. Ik bezit ook geen lineaire versterker, alle QSO's zijn gemaakt met 100W. Ik heb niet het hele weekend meegedaan en heb ook de openingen naar Oceanië gemist, de familie hier is natuurlijk belangrijker en we hebben Zondagmorgen eerst een mooie wandeling gemaakt. Maar alles met elkaar mag ik niet klagen, 450 QSO's waarvan 200 op 10m. En ik sprong een gat in de lucht....mijn eerste QSO met XE zone 6 eindelijk na jaren proberen op diverse banden is het nu gelukt. Een aantal van de gewerkte DXCC's staan hierboven. Heb de ontelbare noord Amerikaanse stations er niet bij gezet. Stel eens voor dat ik met een beam werkte, dan was de lijst nog wel dubbel zo lang denk ik !!!

10 comments:

Tjeerd, PA3GNZ said...

Leuk verhaal Bas.

En goed dat je een balans houd tussen hobby en familie.

73, Tjeerd

M0JEK said...

Nice work Bas, and I agree with Tjeerd that you have a good family hobby balance.
I was hoping to join in on the fun, but too many family and other things on the go that I didn't manage it :-(

vy 73

Andre'

Anonymous said...

Verrek mooi lijstje Bas, gefeliciteerd ermee.
Hier helaas een stuk minder gewerkt.
De g5rv werk slecht op de 10m vind ik. Iets anders heb ik niet.

Peter 4ps

KL8DX said...

Awesome, Bas! Yes, the band was awesome here as well and I also logged many new DXCC countries! I am hoping the CW contest next month yields the same results on 10 meters. Wish I could have worked you but I did all S&P on 10 meters when we had the brief opening to Europe.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

@Tjeerd, met zulke condities is dat toch best wel moeilijk hoor. Gelukkig waren mijn XYL en Anneli zaterdagmiddag naar mijn schoonmoeder. Dat gaf mij iets meer tijd voor de contest.

@André, I know your circumstances are even worse then me concerning the hobby. Time with your family is very valueable, but sometimes you have to spend some time for yourself too. It's unfortenate you could not enjoy the propagation last weekend...

@Peter, een A-99 of GPA of dergelijke op je schuurtje achter misschien een optie? Voor deze condities hoeft de antenne niet hoog te staan.

@Phil, after the QSO I thought for a moment to e-mail you for a sked. I did have the feeling you were out there at the same moment. Did hear several KL7 stations as well. Hope to meet you some time again. Still remember your S9 signal on 20m RTTY years ago. You were my first contact to Alaska on the amateur bands.

73, Bas

PC1I said...

Nice score Bas!
I made 12 new DXCC on 10. Made only 118 contacts in about 2 hours, no more time to spend this year in this contest. Also with a vertical and 100 Watt. It was really fun though...
;-)

Blogmaster said...

Bas,

Looking at your log page it looks like we worked the same stations! Too bad I didn't catch you.....amybe next time!

73 Bill VE3CLQ/VE3FCT

aartw said...

Mooi lijstje Bas. Vooral Alaska om daar met een stukje zilverpapier en 100W door te komen. Ik had echt moeite met mijn 4 ele SteppIR en 500W.
10M is echt amazing de laatste weken van 8 uur 's ochtends tot diep in de avond alle zones van de wereld.
Leuke tijden!

PE4BAS, Bas said...

@Kees, niet gek in 2 uur tijd. Bijna 2 QSO's per minuut dus!

@Bill, hope to meet you some time on the air. Hopefully next contest? Or next years CQWW.

@Aart, zeker leuke tijden Aart. KL7RA heb je waarschijnlijk gewerkt? Die zat in een grote pile-up en hier wel gehoord. Maar WL7E zat boven in de band tegen de 29 MHz en de pile was niet zo groot, denk ook omdat het i.p.v. een KL een WL station was. Veel stations zien dan waarschijnlijk niet dat het ook Alaska is. Overigens ook Canada zone 2 gewerkt, ging ook prima met wat Aurora flutter.

73, Bas

MØYKS Simon said...

Congrats on your fine collection of DXCC and Zones!

Glad you had fun up on 10M, it was fantastic conditions up there I was also enjoying it as well as having fun with the family.

CQWW was the weekend where I got my first date with Louise (YL). We met though the radio and always celebrate the memory/anniversary contest style (lucky for me h.i)

Hope to catch you on the bands, all the best to the family 73

Simon