Friday, June 26, 2015

Record distances on 6m

Well, for me actually. A new distance record has been set with my 1W WSPR signal been heard in Israel bij 4X1RF. I didn't manage that last year! I've been on 6m WSPR mainly today and I know Roger G3XBM as well as Jaap PA0O were on as well. So I made a small comparisation between our stations. Now, Jaap is TXing with 5W and of course that will give him some advantage. But overall his best distance was Israel as well so what is the use of that much power? Map pictures are only from TX.




I started this morning (3:45 UTC) and discovered the band was full of video carriers. Disturbing my WSPR reception as well. At the moment I write this there is still a video carrier on 49.750 MHz with S9. But activity on 6m is low. Strange? My signal has not been heard towards Spain or Morocco, Roger has been heard there and is TXing with 1W. We are still hoping for transatlantic propagation, things can change in a minute. So it is important to stay on...

6 comments:

Photon said...

Very good! The 4X station is a very good one, despite presumably being close to plenty of development. I haven't seen or heard the CN8 station at all this year, and suspect he is not active. Sadly, nobody seems to have been able to take advantage of last week's big aurora over the UK, as it took place very early in the morning. But I did try on 6m SSB, which worked well during the 'St. Patrick's' Day Aurora.

Bert, PA1B said...

Hallo Bas, leuk weer zo'n DXCC. Het verschil tussen 5W en 1W is maar 7 dB. E'en S-punt. De propagatie doet'et'um. Hi. 73, Bert

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello John, CN8LI has been spotted or at least has spot G3XBM. So he is active. I've seen your call on the cluster at St.Patricks Day Aurora. But didn't make much contacts myself. You really need a directional antenna for such a event I think. 73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Bert, inderdaad de propagatie doet het hem. Een aantal andere stations klagen er dan over dat ze te weinig power tot hun beschikking hebben. Maar dat heeft er weinig mee te maken. Alhoewel ik het TV signaal op 49.750 bijna de hele dag goed hoor en daar zullen wel enige kW aan hangen. 73, Bas

Bert, PA1B said...

Hallo Bas, bij station die beiden uitzenden wordt er niet in elk tijdslot geluisterd. Zo kunnen ze elkaar steeds missen. 73, Bert

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Bert, daar heb ik al eens eerder over geschreven. I.v.m. de W5OLF WSPR tx die continu uitzend en alleen de freq. veranderd. 73, Bas