Wednesday, October 26, 2016

#cqww SSB 2016 from a contestsite

Together with my XYL I decided it was time to try someting else for contesting. I knew local contest station PA6GR had a need of operators for the upcoming CQWW SSB contest so I will participate the contest together with this team. We decided to apply for the section multi operator, one radio, low power. Unfortunately we only have one good antenna, a large 3 element 20m monoband beam at 20m agl. So main band will be 20m. At night we will use a wire antenna fed with through a 1:9 UNUN for other bands, not the best but good enough to get some multipliers I hope. Now, we wish some nice propagation and nice DX!  My shift is from Saturdaymorning 5 UTC - 13 UTC and 22 UTC- 8 UTC Sundaymorning. I wish everyone a lot of fun and hope to work some of you readers!

7 comments:

Tjeerd, PA3GNZ said...

Good luck Bas. I try single operator all (10/15/20) bands.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hope to meet you Tjeerd. 73, Bas

PH0NO said...

Ah kijk. De shift is bekend. Dat wordt dan zaterdagavond. Succes en veel plezier!
73, Lars

Peter pa4o said...

succes alvast Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hoop je te werken Lars. 73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Tnx Peter, 73, Bas

Hans said...

Hoi Bas, als de familieverplichtingen het toelaten zal ik zondermeer naar je uitkijken/luisteren. Alvast veel succes met de contest. 73 Hans, PE1BVQ