Sunday, December 10, 2017

#28MHz ARRL 10m contest review

Event: ARRL 10m contest
Section: Mixed (SSB/CW)
Logger: HRD log converted with log converter
Station: Icom IC-706 MK2G 100W
Antenna: Multiband vertical at 9m agl

Well, never expected but there appeared to be some ES sunday afternoon. It was good enough to run for about half a hour which resulted in a few QSO extra. I had even less time for the contest today compared to yesterday but in the few times I slipped in to the shack and turned the VFO I made a lot of QSOs after all. Best DX today was V51YJ from Namibia.










 I made 65 QSOs into 23 DXCC in the end. 32 QSOs on CW and 33 QSOs on SSB. You can call that 50/50! However I think I logged some of the CW QSOs with the wrong progressive number, sorry for that.

I really never expected the band would be open like this. Every time I went to my shack there were signals on the band and I could work some stations. If I had time enough I certainly would be able to make a lot more QSOs for shure. I had a lot of fun though and will look out for next years ARRL 10m contest.

9 comments:

Sparks1957 said...

Here in Brazil, reasonable condx on Saturday. some south European countries like EA and CT, some stateside, and rest south America. Sundat the condx were slightly less, and worked mainly stations from south America. 73 from PY2UDB

Unknown said...

Fantastic result Bas. I have listened on Sunday for a while. I heard a few EA stations, but no more than that. I was unable to work them. Too bad I do not have CW skills yet otherwise I might have been able to work a bit more stations.
73 Gerard

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Great to hear that Dick, there were some conditions to PY from here as well, I missed them unfortenately. But at least one neighbourstation did QSO with PY and CX. 73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Gerard, so unfortunate you couldn't work them. I think I am lucky with my quiet location and wide open sight to the south. I have no CW skills as well but my computer does ;-). 73, Bas

PH0NO said...

Lekker aantal voor 10m onder huidige condx. Ik heb heel even geluisterd zondag maar hoorde alleen ruis op mijn draadje.
73, Lars

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Geen best draadje dan? Elke keer als ik luisterde over de hele dag was er altijd wel een signaal te horen en wat te werken. Zondagmiddag/avond waren de signalen zelfs zo goed dat ik een half uur CQ geroepen heb met goed resultaat. Kan natuurlijk heel plaatselijke ES geweest zijn? 73, Bas

Hans said...

Hallo Bas, draadje van Lars niet goed! Nou die van mij ontving ook niets. In de ochtend nog de analyzer er op gdhad. Draadje was prima maar die keren dat ik luisterde hoorde ik ook niets. Zal wel aan onze lokatie liggen hi. Jij hebt in iedergdval nog leuk kunnen werken en ben benieuwd hoe uiteindelijk de score in PA land is. 73 Hans, PE1BVQ

Hans said...

N.B.: Ik denk dat het type antenne een grote rol heeft gespeeld. Jij met een vertical en ik, en geloof ook Lars, met een 3-bander endfed als sloper opgehangen.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Ik denk dat locatie er zeker mee te maken heeft Hans. 6m en 10m propagatie kan heel locatie afhankelijk zijn. Alhoewel het zo is dat hoe zuidelijker je woont hoe beter de propagatie is over het algemeen. En....nou ja je weet hoe ik woon. Vrij uitzicht naar noord en zuid. 73, Bas